Tuesday 23 May 2023

LU GRANGER, MENTAL BALANCE AND INTERNAL PEACE

 Lu Granger. Sensei

-Good morning, Lu Granger, and thanks to attend us.

-Good morning. It is a beautiful day to share with you.

-Thanks. Well, to start this interview I would like to know how you define yourself.

-I'm a Sensei, a person who teaches other people how to find the balance between the spiritual and the real world. I try to help people in their day by day at the same time I try to grow as a good person.

-How is a day in your life?

-Well, I have trained a lot. I must get some mental skills that aren’t easy to have. It requires a lot of effort and work and especially concentration.

-Why?

-Because you must get a great peace inside you and talk to your brain to order it to do things that go farther than conventional ones.

-Then, do you believe in magic?

-This is not magic. This is about concentration and believes in you.  I arrive to reach these skills because I practice a lot. It’s a martial art.

-How do you feel being a member of The Grangers family?

-I'm not an extroverted person. Silence and concentration are very important for me and I talk more with me than with people. You assimilate this behaviour and then you continue with the same attitude when you are not working. It doesn't mean that you don't disconnect of your work, it means that, sometimes, your beliefs blend your character.

-How is a normal day with The Grangers?

-It's difficult to talk about a normal day with The Grangers. There's always something new to do, to discover or to enjoy. I like my family. I feel well with them and this is something very important because if you're happy in a place with someone, you can offer the best of you.

-What can you explain about your life with The Grangers?

-It's a fantastic experience. We're different people with different characters and points of view but with a common objective: improve our English to improve in our jobs. It's amazing.

-And after?

-After, we will take different ways, we will stay in different places with new people and new experiences but there will be something that no one will be able to take out: if you have been a Granger, this is something that survives in time, you will always be a Granger and all these experiences that we have lived together will live meanwhile we were able to remember them.

-Which is your best memory with the family?

-It's very difficult to choose one but I remember when we visited the UNO Headquarters in New York City. It is a very important institution that deserves all my respects.

-Which are your hobbies?

-I like painting watercolours, drawing blossom cherry trees, practising Martial Arts, and readind old texts.

-How long have you been studying English?

-English has been always very important because is an international language, then a special tool for business, commerce but also teaching.

-Which is your reference?

-I’m a Sensei and, of course, I have great Masters: Japanese Senseis. They are the best and their knowledge is eternal.

-How do you see the future of our society?

-Well, I’m a Sensei, not a seer but I think we’re going to live in difficult conditions during some years.

-How do you see the present?

-We will survive. Culture, education and knowledge are our best investment and we will continue to offer immortal works and performances because this is our lifestyle.

-Which is your advice for the future?

-Don’t give up. Follow your dreams and be in peace with yourself. It’s impossible to be fine with the entire world if you aren’t fine with yourself. All starts in you, and all finishes in you. Be authentic, don’t imitate, because originality is something much appreciated. Don’t copy, innovate. Don’t accept real truths, question all of them as philosophers did. It’s the only way to advance to the future with guarantees. Past is beautiful to evocate good moments and learn about old experiences but we live in the present and we must fight the future, for us and for next generations. They deserve the best and we must work hard to reach it. As Morihei Ueshiba said  "the purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit".

-Which is your dream?

-I would like continuing with a project that I started with the indigenous communities of the Pemon in Kerepakupai Merú.

-Where is it?

-Kerepakupai Merú, in Spanish El Salto del Ángel, is a waterfall in Venezuela. It is the world's tallest uninterrupted waterfall. The waterfall drops over the edge of the Auyán-tepui mountain in the Canaima National, a UNESCO World Heritage site in the Gran Sabana region of Bolívar State.

-Who are the Pemon people?

-The Pemon are the indigenous people who live in areas of Venezuela, Brazil, and Guyana.

-I hope you can continue this dream.

-I hope so.

-Thank you very much, Lu Granger.

-It has been an enormous pleasure.

More information: Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab

 
Life is growth.
If we stop growing, 
technically and spiritually,
we are as good as dead.


Morihei Ueshiba

No comments:

Post a Comment