Monday 15 May 2023

FATIMA GRANGER, TRAVELLING AROUND THE WORLD

-Good morning, Fatima Granger and thanks to attend us.

-Good morning. It's an honour.

-Can you spell your name, please?

-Yes. It is F-A-T-I-M-A.

-What is your job?

-I'm a writer.

-Which are your hobbies?

-Writing and travelling.

-What is writing for you?

-Writing is something that affects your feelings and your senses. That's all. Then, it depends of every person. The same art work can create different emotions in different people.

-How is your art?

-It depends. Art is something that you can't control because it comes from the deepest soul and creating art isn't a mechanical action. It's a mix of soul and inspiration.

-How is your best work?

-The best work is always arriving because the most interesting about art is the process of creation and every work is better than the previous one because you really enjoy meanwhile you are working in it.

-Which is your favourite writer?

-It's impossible to choose only one but I love Oscar Wilde. He has a difficult life and he expressed all in his works.

-Well, then... which is your favourite Oscar Wilde's work?

-It is impossible to choose only one, again, but I am going to tell you The Ghost of Canterville.

-Why? It is a masterpiece, isn't it?

-Yes, but it is special for me because it was the first book that I read together with all my brothers and sisters, The Grangers.

-Oscar Wilde was a revolutionary in Literature...

-Aestheticism is Oscar Wilde's overall theme that beauty is the secret to life, later to become that suffering is the secret to life.

-People say that it's difficult to live with a writer. Is it true?

-I don't think so. Living in pair is difficult because it's a question of offering and receiving but it doesn't depend of your work. A relationship depends of respect and tolerance.

-How's life with a writer, then?

-A normal life. There are many people who are great writers but they work in other jobs and they don't explore and explode their writing skills but it doesn't mean that they weren't artists. Remember: Writing is something that changes your feelings and your senses and there are a lot of ways to reach it.

-Which is your advice for a newcomer writer?

-Believe in yourself. You should know that you must believe in yourself because this is a complicated world and you sometimes can feel yourself alone. If this moment arrives, you must think that you have got yourself.

-How long have you been studying English?

-I started to study English a few months ago.

-How do you feel being a member of The Granger's family?

-The Grangers are cool. We're a great family and they respect me and love my art. They accept that I'm a writer and I sometimes need to express myself because I feel an unstoppable desire of creating something.

-How is a normal day with The Grangers?

-What's normal? If normal means something that the most part of people do, and then we aren't a normal family because we do whatever we desire, whenever we want and wherever we stay.

-What can you explain about your life with The Grangers?

-The Bonds offer me the possibility of being myself and this is something very important for an artist. You can express your opinions and everybody is going to accept your point of view although they don't share it with you.

-Which is your best memory with the family?

-I have lots of memories although I remember strongly when we stayed in New York. I like travelling a lot and NYC is a special place to stay, but I also can talk about my last travel to Morocco. It was a great experience.

-Finally, define your family with a song.

-Well, because of I like travelling, I say Rod Stewart's 'Sailing'.

-Thank you very much, Fatima Granger.

-You're welcome.

More information: Wordwall

Download Cambridge KET Exam Model & Results Sheet (01)

Download Cambridge KET Exam Model & Results Sheet (02)

We are sailing, we are sailing
Home again
'Cross the sea
We are sailing
Stormy waters
To be near you
To be free
 
Rod Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment