Thursday 18 May 2023

LOLA GRANGER, SEARCHING THROUGH THE OLD STONES

Lola Granger. Archaeologist.
 
-Good morning, Lola Granger, and thanks to attend us.

-Good morning. It's a pleasure.

-Well, to start this interview, I would like to know how you define yourself.

-I'm an archaeologist, a person who searches ruins to understand the past. I work with my dog Indy.

-Indy? Like Indiana Jones?

-Yes. It's a tribute to him. I like Indiana Jones. He was the first hero that I watched on cinema. I was a child and I have great memories about that film. I remember when Indiana visited different places, especially Petra. It was something that impressed me much, and I remember the soundtrack composed by John Williams. It is a masterpiece.
 
-I suppose both of you can explain lots of personal adventures.
 
-Yes, of course. One of the funniest was in Asturies. A long story to explain it now.

-How do you feel being a member of The Grangers?

-It's a fantastic family. We're always together, and we try to help each other because we know that our best success is the common one.

-How is a normal day with The Grangers?

-There isn't a normal day. Every day is a different chance to do something different and amazing. We travel, we visit places, and we learn English.

-How long have you been studying English?

-Since High School.

-Imagine that I want to visit Petra. What do you recommend me?

-Petra is a wonderful and beautiful place. You will find kind people, and you will live unforgettable experiences.

-How can an archaeologist arrive to success?

-Working hard, trusting in you, and following good advice.

-What can you explain about your life with The Grangers?

-Well, we are very different people, but we have the same objectives: live together with respect and tolerance and learning as English as we can.

-And after?

-Life continues, but we will be a Granger forever and every time I remember these moments with my family I will do it with a big smile.

-Which is your best memory with the family?

-It's not possible to choose only one but, perhaps, when we played some kind of game. We were very competitive, and I was very happy when I won playing Scattergories. I like playing. I think it's a good method to learn without paying attention.

-What do you think about studying Archaeology?

-Well, it depends on the country, but it is very exciting and I love it.

-You have visited lots of places in New York with The Grangers. Which has been the best in your opinion?

-I can't only think in one place, but I'm going to choose the Catalan and Occitan cloisters in Washington Heights, because they are a great example about how art can be used as a bargaining chip in the middle of a war conflict.

-You aren't optimistic about war conflicts, are you?

-No, I'm not. I think we must change a lot and return to our origins. We are living terrible moments, but we don't pay attention because we are inside the story, making history, and we haven't got enough perspective to analyse what is happening. Archaeology can analysize the past but it can't control the present or guess the future.

-What is happening?

-The beginning of the end.

-What does it mean?

-It means that karma always returns.

-Tell me a positive thinking.

-In all difficult situations, in all complicated moments, when things seem the worst, there's always a window of opportunities. We must pay attention about it and take profit when this window opens.
 
-Tell me your favourite song.
 
-The Indiana Jones theme, of course.

-Thank you very much, Lola Granger.

-You're welcome.
 
 

Download Cambridge KET Exam Model & Results Sheet (08) 

Download Key Cambridge KET Exams (05-08)

No comments:

Post a Comment