Friday 12 January 2018

THE STATUE OF LIBERTY: WELCOME TO THE BEANS, TANIA

Antonio Bean's Declaration. January, 12. 14:05-East Time. New York.

The Beans in the Statue Cruises boat
We started the day practising some English grammar. We talked about Likes and Dislikes and about Comparatives of Equality. We practised some Social English, Vocabulary about Places and Crimes and reviewed some grammar.

We talked about the importance of being a member of a community and about the common work in cooperatives.

More information: Likes and Dislikes

Tania Bean and Rhini
We were very happy because a new member had joined to our family. 

She's Tania from San Marino. She’s a nice person and a great veterinary. She was going to take care of Rhini during our travel. In fact, she's not an unknown person for me because she's my sister. My family kept this secret during a lot of years but I discovered and I wanted to come to the USA to meet her. 

Now, she's missing as the rest of my family. Last time I remember her, she was talking with Anton about an interesting website to download books.

More information: Planetebook 

We were enjoying our moment, sharing some sweets and talking about our personal experiences as a normal family when we heard the terrible sound. Something had happened on the first floor of the boat because the water started to cover all of it. Only five minutes later, the boat had disappeared and all the family was trying to save each other. It was a dramatic moment. I could see Rhini arriving to the shore of Liberty Island but I couldn't see anything more, only water. I closed my eyes and I started to pray God thinking in one of my favourite prayers Near my God to Thee. It's curious. This song was also the last song which was played in the Titanic.

I prayed and prayed and prayed...

I don't remember anything more. I'm so sorry. I'm exhausted and sad. 

In these moments, I remember a William Shakespeare's quote: It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

God bless us!

(To be continued)


Though like the wanderer, the sun gone down,
darkness be over me, my rest a stone;
yet in my dreams I’d be nearer, my God, to Thee.
 
Sarah Fuller Flower Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment